Blessings ~ In a Picture





Growing up on a Farm
Blessings.  This is the theme of a photo contest over at growing up on a farm.  I stumbled upon this encouraging little stop thanks to Dakota - who in turn stumbled upon me.  Providence is a great thing!
My picture is the sun setting during one of our family vacations at Round Lake.  I love being there.  It means family.  I remember taking this shot and thinking of everything that God has blessed me with.  As my eyes followed the beams of the setting sun to the “blazing centre” of its beauty, I had before me a living illustration of looking past the gifts to the giver of the gifts.
I am thankful for all that God has blessed me with.  This picture reminds me of every good gift - a wife, children, family, provision, beauty, creation, life.... But most of all, it points me to the giver, the gift, and the goal of the gospel - God Himself.
Before the foundation of the world, Christ
Loved me beyond measure
Every moment He planned for my good
So much He has given me
So little I deserve
I love Him 
Not for what He
Gives, but for Who He is


7 comments:

Pastor Mike said...

Amen brother!! SDG

Dakota said...

Great photo and poem! Good luck to you in the contest!

Talli Roland said...

Gorgeous photo!

Trevor Peck said...

Thanks for stopping by Monica and Talli!

B's Mom said...

That picture is beautiful.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Great pic brother!


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Great picture and write-up!

Duncan In Kuantan