Precious In the Sight Of The Lord...

Permalink

This is my small tribute to another Christian killed for Christ’s sake. I read his story with great admiration. I pray that his death will not be in vain in my life and in Pakistan’s struggle for freedom.
Shahbaz Bhatti was the Minister for Minority Affairs in Pakistan, and a Christian. He was killed in Islamabad on Wednesday, March 2, 2011. He had opposed the Pakistani blasphemy laws that appoint the death sentence for one who speaks words against the truth of Mohammed.
In a video, posted online by the European group First Step Forum, Mr Bhatti said: “I want to share that I believe in Jesus Christ who has given his own life for us. . . . I'm ready to die for a cause. I’m living for my community and suffering people, and I will die to defend their rights.”
I read this to Noël and Talitha during our family worship this morning. We prayed for Mr. Bhatti’s family and for Pakistan. We dedicated ourselves afresh not to waste our lives. Lord, we are yours. Show us how to live fully for the global cause of your Truth and Grace.

0 comments: