Atheist Holiday

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good" (Psalm 14:1).

April Fool's Day ~ This was my holiday at one time. I was a fool. I was in willful rebellion against a God I did not believe in. Well, if truth be told, I was in willful rebellion against the God I knew existed. I just didn't know it because of the nature of my rebellion. And that is a scary thought.

As Shane Barnard writes, "I'm haunted by a God that has the right to ask me what by the nature of my rebellion I cannot give."

I'm so very thankful because...

I was dead in my sins and you came in
You made a way when there was no way
You covered heaviness with garments of praise
You wrote a song, and you're singing it over me
I feel a dead heart beating now
This revelation makes me want to shout that
Jesus has been sent
and
Everything is different!

Love in the Truth.

6 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful start to the challenge. it was so pleasurable to read.

Have a lovely day.
Yvonne.

Pastor Mike said...

Amen brother! Thank the Lord for reveasling Himself to us through His precious Word.....Love ya bro

"Preach the Word"

Pastor Mike said...

"revealing" sorry buddy!

Lisa said...

Absolutely beautiful and I loved your "about me", too! Looking forward to more.

Lisa

Unknown said...

What a great post. So true we are all fools without God. Your header is beautiful. Looking forward to reading more from you. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Arlee Bird said...

Praise God!
And I think I was probably in a similar place that you were at one time. Even now, the me part sometimes wants to rebel and I must take refuge in the Spirit to keep me right.

Thanks for your message
Lee