From Protest to Praise - Psalm 73 (Part 5)

People – The Testimony of Faith (vs 27-28)

Asaph comes full circle to God’s goodness. Not only is God good, but it is good for me to be near God. He is the Sovereign Lord who orders my steps, wherever He leads, I will follow. As Piper says, “God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him.” When others see this fact lived out – especially in suffering – that is a powerful testimony. In the darkest of times, the child of God knows a joy, a comfort, and peace that the natural man cannot know. Beloved, we have a great and glorious Saviour who, when we come to Him in worship turns our protest into praise. When genuine faith is tested it always triumphs. When faith triumphs it testifies to the world, “God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

I think we have all heard about the tragic death of Emily Joy Stauffer by now. If you haven’t – Emily was the 14-year-old daughter of Pastor Terry Stauffer and his wife Juanita, from a fellowship church in Edson, Alberta. On, Saturday, September 27, she was attacked and murdered while taking a walk in the afternoon. I don’t really know Terry at all except through his blog and a couple of emails. He posted this on Wednesday last week:

Carried:
God is carrying us. He is using our family, church family and friends. God is also carrying us by His promises which were precious last week and tested and precious this week. So many people say to us, "I don't know what to say...." We understand that, but calls, notes and visits are eloquent all the same. We don't know how to begin to thank everyone for their expressions of love and support. Thank you, anyway. I have been keeping some notes in a journal, but I won't be blogging much here until next week, at least. Some of you may see strength when you see us and hear from us, but please know that we are very human. We run through the full range of emotions, but God is our refuge and strength. If you see any strength in us, understand that the glory is God's alone. He, most of all, is carrying us.

What story are you telling the world in the midst of trials – protest or praise?

Love in the Truth.

0 comments: