Joy

"There is only one thing that can give true joy and that is the contemplation of the Lord Jesus Christ. He satisfies my mind; He satisfies my emotions; He satisfies my every desire. He and His great salvation include the whole personality and nothing less, and in Him I am complete. Joy, in other words, is the response and reaction of the soul to a knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ." (Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Life in Christ, 30)


Life is so full of troubles that seek to rob us of our joy. Some days can just suck the life right out of you. But even during the darkest hours of the darkest days I have joy. Life is hard, period. "In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)


"When I think about the Lord, how He saved me, how He raised me, how He filled me with the Holy Ghost, how He healed me to the uttermost", I have joy.


Love in the Truth.

0 comments: